Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Mexico tariffs: Exactly the wrong move for U.S. economy FOX news report

"micky" wrote in message
In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 8 Jun 2019 03:33:19 -0700 (PDT), Cindy
Hamilton wrote:

On Friday, June 7, 2019 at 5:30:13 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 7 Jun 2019 12:14:07 -0700 (PDT), Cindy
Hamilton wrote:

On Friday, June 7, 2019 at 2:19:06 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
"Bod" wrote in message
Vice President Mike Pence on the crisis at the U.S. southern border
and
President Trump's threat to impose tariffs on Mexico.
On trade Opens a New Window. , the hits Opens a New Window. keep
coming.

The White House's plan to impose tariffs- starting at 5 percent on
Monday
and escalating to as much as 25 percent by October - on all goods
imported
from Mexico will throw a serious wrench into the gears of the
American
economy.

This move will hike taxes on all Americans

Only those that buy stuff that either comes from
mexico or has components that come from mexico.

Fruit and vegetables. Although I try to avoid Mexican produce,

What's wwrong with Mexican produce?

Cleanliness, although I realize that Arizona and California produce
can be equally bad. In the winter I go for hothouse tomatoes from
Ontario, Canada, if possible.

I may have to start paying attention. I hear some people wash their
fruit!

Thursday I bought two pieces of meat from the place I've refused for
years to buy meat from, because they were caught dying the meat red,
plus a container of chicken salad.

I ate a little of each, and within an hour of starting, while I still
eating, I had cramps. Can you get food poisoning in less than an hour?

Nope, but you can get an effect from some chemicals that quickly.

I think the only thing I ate earlier in the day was tomato soup from the
Campbell's can

Could have been that.

and Ritz crackers.

I ate at 10PM, was still sick at 4PM the next day. Didn't feel like
eating until 10PM.

Could have been a gut bug that had nothing to do with the food.