Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default Japanese Toilets

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

"Roger Hayter" wrote in message
Murmansk wrote:

I've just returned from Japan and have been inspired by their amazing
toilets that wash your nether regions!

I've searched on here and not found much recent but I'm wondering if
anyone has any thoughts or recent experience of fitting one here?

Toto Washlet seem to be the major name there. I looked in local shops
there and prices seemed to start at about £250 but here it looks like the
minimum will be £1,000 up to £10,000!!!!

There are German ones which are pretty solid, Duravit Sensowash is the
one I fitted. They are well engineered and slightly bigger than the
Japanese ones (which are made to fit generallys smaller persons). But
not cheap.

https://www.duravit.co.uk/products/t...wer_toilet.com
-en.html

A caveat with all spray bidets is that you can (for practical purposes)
only comply with the WRAS regs by giving it its own separate header
tank, at least 10m above the toilet in the case of the Sensowash.

are you sure a bidet was in my day classed as a waste appliance not a foul
appliance ? ....

Two kinds of bidet. Rim washing ones are ok with a double check valve.
Spray ones are category five foul backflow risks and require an air gap.
No idea if the rules are the same in Scotland. Didn't you normally let
plumbers certify their own work? Not all of them know what they are
doing.

--

Roger Hayter