Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Japanese Toilets

On Friday, 7 June 2019 21:19:29 UTC+1, Roger Hayter wrote:
Roger Hayter wrote:

Murmansk wrote:

I've just returned from Japan and have been inspired by their amazing
toilets that wash your nether regions!

I've searched on here and not found much recent but I'm wondering if
anyone has any thoughts or recent experience of fitting one here?

Toto Washlet seem to be the major name there. I looked in local shops
there and prices seemed to start at about £250 but here it looks like the
minimum will be £1,000 up to £10,000!!!!

There are German ones which are pretty solid, Duravit Sensowash is the
one I fitted. They are well engineered and slightly bigger than the
Japanese ones (which are made to fit generallys smaller persons). But
not cheap.

https://www.duravit.co.uk/products/t...er_toilet.com-
en.html

A caveat with all spray bidets is that you can (for practical purposes)
only comply with the WRAS regs by giving it its own separate header
tank, at least 10m above the toilet in the case of the Sensowash.

PS The latest Sensowash claims to comply with the German water regs
without an external air gap, hence not needing a header tank. But I
can't find out how they claim to comply. And the UK regs imply that
for automatic building control approval they have got to be an
individually appproved type by the particular local water board (ok,
that's not what their called). If an individual plumber/BCO refused to

Probably fitted with double non-return valves in the water supply.