Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 13A sockets useless for charging electric cars?

In article s,
Bill wrote:
My Samsung S5 - about 5 years old - is just charged overnight, unless
needed more frequently. Battery life still about as good as new.

Hmmm, I have 3 devices here - a smartphone, a dashcam and an old Palm
Zire - where the batteries have become obese and pushed the casing open.
I assume the next stage is the unstoppable fire.

Just wondering how good the chargers are?

I vape, and the device I use has a single 18650 cell. Which lasts a day.
Recharged over night. That too has lasted very well indeed. Unlike
Ni-Cads, etc. Which never seemed to make their claimed number of cycles in
practice.

--
*Who are these kids and why are they calling me Mom?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.