Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 13A sockets useless for charging electric cars?

On Thursday, 6 June 2019 16:19:08 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
Yeah, there is a lot of controversy about that, even with say
just the battery type used in smartphones now. I'm not aware
of any test for years with say recharging once it gets below
70% and say once it gets below 20% to see which battery
has the better life after say 3 years.

A friend bought his iphone6 nov. 2015 and has just had the battery replaced after 3.5 years and he is always recharging, if he's phone drops below ~75% he puts it on charge.

Thought everything Apple was state of the art?

Where did you get that idea ?

My Samsung S5 - about 5 years old - is just charged overnight, unless
needed more frequently. Battery life still about as good as new.

Perhaps he didn't want a Samsung S5 even if it can last 5 years.
he refused to update to the latest OS a couple of years ago because he didn't like the new icons and yes he does have OCD.
His very fussy about his phone and that is why he doesn't have a Samsung I guess as other friends have them and he's never liked the 'look' or 'feel'