Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Todesco Art Todesco is offline

Default LED Ceiling Lights Flicker

On 6/6/2019 1:25 PM, Wade Garrett wrote:
On 6/6/19 9:31 AM, Bob Simon wrote:
There are six LED lights in the ceiling of the kitchen.Â* Occasionally,
they all dim briefly so I suspect a Lutron dimmer is faulty.Â* There
are two of these, one in the kitchen and one in the adjacent dining
room.Â* The lights dim whichever switch is used to turn on the lights
but I wonder if both switches are operational at the same time
regardless of which one is used to turn on the lights.Â* If so, I
imagine that just replacing the bad switch will solve the problem and
save a few bucks.

Is there a way to figure out which switch is bad or should both
dimmers be replaced at the same time?Â* If the latter, how do I
determine which one is the master?

Ditch theÂ* variable dimmer switch.

I had a very similar flickering kitchen LED 6-can situation on a single
Lutron dimmer that I solved for 68 cents at Home Depot. With you needing
two three-ways, it will probably run a few bucks more- still not much
more than coffee money though

Never used the stupid dimmer in the first place- though it required some
wife-convincing before I did it.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Leviton-...-02W/100026991

First, are LEDs rated dimmable? Second, there should not be 2 dimmers
in the 3 way circuit; one should be a regular 3 way switch.