Posted to uk.d-i-y
DerbyBorn[_5_] DerbyBorn[_5_] is offline

Default Shaver Socket in Bathroom

Andy Burns wrote in news:glukabF1m5pU1
@mid.individual.net:

ARW wrote:

DerbyBorn wrote:

are any alternatives to such deep and clunky shaver sockets.

Paramount walls? ie egg box?

This house has paramount walls, I managed to install a Mira built-in
shower valve (manual says 58mm depth) so a shaver socket shouldn't be a
problem, what does it need, a 45mm backbox?

Alas my walls are not Paramount walls - they are thinner . Merely
plasterboard eash face with a few scraps dibbed and dabbed in between. I
watched them being built - A batten on the ceiling and floor - nail on a
panel - slap on some scraps and do the same for the other side.