Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default no lock?

In article ,
Rod Speed wrote:

"Davidm" wrote in message
On Thu, 06 Jun 2019 08:13:38 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

On Thu, 6 Jun 2019 07:51:40 +0100, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
wrote:

this new motorised roller shutter doesn't seem to have a lock...is that
OK ?

Are you talking garage door? If so, nor does mine. It relies on it not
being possible to raise it other than by coiling it back up onto its
axle, either electrically using the remote controller or with the hand
crank inside the garage if the electrics should fail. I asked about
security before I had it installed, and the guy said it was very
secure (BHWSTWH).

Out of curiosity

Don't forget what that did to the cat.

- what happens if you're not in the garage, the power fails with
the door closed, and you have no other entrance into the garage?

You wait till the power comes on again before you can open the door.

mmm. But if the power failure has caused the garage circuit breaker to trip
- then what?

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England