Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default humming CFL

"Mark Lloyd" wrote in message
On 6/5/19 9:47 PM, micky wrote:

[snip]

It's called "daylight" and at 100 eq. watts it gave a very strange
appearance to the room. I'll probably get used to it. They didn't
have anohter low-cost LED at HDepot and ... I'll probably get used to
it. After all, it's "daylight".

I find the old "dirty yellow" bulbs looking worse and worse now that real
white is available.

I did have that reaction initially when I installed the Philips Hue lights
right thru my house. Got the dirty yellow starter kit and hated how
yellow it was, even tho I mostly used PAR38 floods and spots inside
the house before that. So I got the fully color controlled bulbs for
the ones after the initial starter kit of 3 bulbs and used the yellow
ones in the bedroom, the room where I store all the beer I brew etc.

Dont really notice the dirty yellow in the bedroom anymore even
tho it gets used every day. And I now how quite a few of what
Philips call white ambience which can be set to any white you like
but not any color you like like the most expensive bulbs can be.