Posted to uk.d-i-y
DerbyBorn[_5_] DerbyBorn[_5_] is offline

Default service valve in heating system

Tim+ wrote in
:

Mike wrote:
I need to remove a radiator, dry line the wall then fit new diferent
shaped radiator a few days later. To save draining down twice id like
to fit a pair of service valves in the pipes leading to the new rad
whilst I do the dry lining and other work.

My question is. Is it acceptable to use normal service valved and
leave them in the system?

Mike

Why drain twice? If your radiators have valves on both ends already
just close those and leave them attached to the pipe ends.

Tim

What I was thinking - even if the valves need moving when fitting th enew
radiator - it is only one drain down.