Posted to uk.d-i-y
DerbyBorn[_5_] DerbyBorn[_5_] is offline

Default Shaver Socket in Bathroom

Steve Walker wrote in
:

On 06/06/2019 14:01, DerbyBorn wrote:
My plasterboard walls are not thick enought to take a deep enough box
so a pattress is needed - however, it is a 1988 installation.

I need to move it to a new location on the wall and wonder if there
are any alternatives to such deep and clunky shaver sockets.

Do you have access to somewhere for a separate transformer?

If so, a quick google brought up
http://www.taps4less.com/PP/V-1010.html and I am sure that there will
be many others.

SteveW

Interesting - I presume the transformer would need a switch - or does the
flap operate a switch?

I took a look today - the wiring is not very convenient - 2 black and 2
reds are looped in and the drop is under the sloping hip of the roof. Was
hoping to extract the cables and put them into a JB and then take a new
feed to the Razor Point.

Next time in the loft I will see if I can intercept the 4 cables somewhere
more workabls