Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Odd wiring colours

I wish they had some kind of tactile way to identify wires. Not just for us
blind people but in very hard to reach places it would make identification
much easier by feel.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
wrote in message
On Thursday, 6 June 2019 13:22:09 UTC+1, Clive Arthur wrote:

My fan heater packed up, so I checked the plug fuse. It was ok, but the
power cord has two wires, a green insulated one to neutral and a white
insulated one to live. Double insulated so no earth.

Where is that used? I guess the heater was from Lidl being branded
'Silvercrest'.

BTW, it's working again now - sticky tilt switch.

Nowhere that I know of, but rules are ignored in many far-flung places.
The one thing it establishes is that the heater does not comply with UK
safety rules. If it were mine I'd be taking a much closer look.

NT