Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default no lock?

As long as you remember to unlock it before operating it or it might self
destruct!

Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
On Thu, 6 Jun 2019 07:51:40 +0100, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
wrote:

this new motorised roller shutter doesn't seem to have a lock...is that
OK ?

Are you talking garage door? If so, nor does mine. It relies on it not
being possible to raise it other than by coiling it back up onto its
axle, either electrically using the remote controller or with the hand
crank inside the garage if the electrics should fail. I asked about
security before I had it installed, and the guy said it was very
secure (BHWSTWH).

yes...thanks I was a bit worried when I say the ones on tv with what
looked like a lock ......it has a hidden manual winder which unfortunately
is on the outside as I wanted to gain an extra nine inches for the mustang
so the box is on the outside so perhaps I should fit a lock .......???