Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Odd wiring colours

On Thursday, 6 June 2019 13:22:09 UTC+1, Clive Arthur wrote:

My fan heater packed up, so I checked the plug fuse. It was ok, but the
power cord has two wires, a green insulated one to neutral and a white
insulated one to live. Double insulated so no earth.

Where is that used? I guess the heater was from Lidl being branded
'Silvercrest'.

BTW, it's working again now - sticky tilt switch.

Nowhere that I know of, but rules are ignored in many far-flung places. The one thing it establishes is that the heater does not comply with UK safety rules. If it were mine I'd be taking a much closer look.

NT