Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Extending a 13A ring main under a floor - suitable connectors?

On Thursday, 6 June 2019 12:37:50 UTC+1, David WE Roberts (Google) wrote:
Last time I did this I used a grey Wago box with the push connectors
inside.

I do have one in stock (but need to double check that the connectors are
suitable for 13A ring main).
The box has 3 * 2 wire 773 connectors which are yellow plastic.
773 should be good for up to 2.5 mm and 24A so presumably are suitable?
Can someone please confirm?

Looking for options on line I also find things such as
https://www.screwfix.com/p/3-way-lev...2-series-pack-
of-50/76776
which are shown inside a wall box.

For future reference, is the grey Wago box and 773 style connectors the
best way to extend a 13A ring, or is there a better option?

Thanks

Dave R

If you've already got it, it's probably the best option

NT