Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Wax Actuator watts?

On 05/06/2019 09:52, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
My bathroom extract fan's wax actuator has failed. This is used to
slowly open the shutters, when the fan is triggered. This one..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223481092415?ul_noapp=true

It looks as if it has over-heated in the area, before it actually
failed. As it is marked 120/240v I'm thinking to install a dropper to
reduce the voltage across it to around 120v, but I cannot find a
specification for the wattage or current to determine a suitable dropper.

Anyone know please?

It says on it 240V, 0.02A

Has it overheated because the connections to the spade terminals were
not perfect?

Was it actually overheating or just discoloured due to it being used in
a damp environment and dust in the atmosphere has just stuck to the
casing over the years that it has been in use.

I would just replace like with like without modifications.