Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Wax Actuator watts?

I doubt if what you want to do is going to make much difference. These
things are designed to not get hot, if they do then they will be faulty. All
a dropper will do is make a lot of heat wherever you site it, what is the
point of that. I don't know how these devices work but it might well be that
the actual mechanism has become stiff and hence caused the failure. Back in
the old days Greenhouses had a purely mechanical device that opened and
closed the vents.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
My bathroom extract fan's wax actuator has failed. This is used to slowly
open the shutters, when the fan is triggered. This one..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223481092415?ul_noapp=true

It looks as if it has over-heated in the area, before it actually failed.
As it is marked 120/240v I'm thinking to install a dropper to reduce the
voltage across it to around 120v, but I cannot find a specification for
the wattage or current to determine a suitable dropper.

Anyone know please?