Posted to rec.woodworking
Keith nuttle Keith nuttle is offline

Default Anybody Need A Ladder?

On 6/5/2019 8:32 AM, Bill wrote:
Keith Nuttle wrote:

I personally think that if some one believes that someone would buy
one of these ladders, an NEVER climb the straight part; they are
either a government bureaucrat in thier ivory tower, or on drugs.

Where I grew up, if you were a kid on one of those ladders, there would
be 3 to 5 kids plotting the most interesting way to make you fall off of
it or to tip you over.Â* And they would try to do it too!Â* A couple of
times they dug a hole about 7 or 8 feet deep, dropped a ladder in, and
when they got an innocent victim to walk down the ladder to take a look,
they pulled out the ladder, threw a piece of plywood over the top, and
danced mercilessly on top. I played the role of the victim once. Then
the race is on to find the next sucker. When the parent said the hole
had to be filled, naturally one kid was asked to step into the hole when
it was about 3 feet deep or so. And the sissy screamed after he couldn't
move his legs!Â* Kids don't seem to enjoy being outside as much as they
used to...Â*Â*Â* : )

In other words you had a normal child hood, before the nanny state took
over.

--
2018: The year we learn to play the great game of Euchre