Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Replacement expansion vessel placement

On 05/06/2019 11:31, Lee wrote:

Hi, need to replace a failed boiler expansion vessel* how critical is it
to place an additional (replacement) expansion vessel close to the boiler?
From what I read it seems the concensus is as close to the boiler as
possible or Bad Things will happen, but I've also seen installations
where a system boiler has an expansion vessel in a remote cupboard. So
it can't be all that bad?

The location of it is not really that important.

*Vaillant, so no surprise there, but it did manage to last a few years.
I really don't want to demount the boiler to replace the internal one
and space around the boiler is very limited, hence the question.

Most modernish Vaillant boilers have a very easy to get at expansion
vessel - typically on the right hand side of the case. Vis (silver thing
top right):

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...cotec824HE.png

--
Cheers,