Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K.. Jim K.. is offline

Default Plaster second coat the next day?

George Miles Wrote in message:
On Tuesday, June 4, 2019 at 9:23:15 PM UTC+1, JimK wrote:
Andy Burns Wrote in message:

George Miles wrote:

Today I'm using orange packets of thistle multifinish over
plasterboards. Most videos show a skim coat a few hours after the
first, but why not tomorrow?

I'm no plasterer, but I thought it would go off too much for the final
coat to bond well if left e.g overnight?

Or worse, catalyse your second coat to set too quickly, just when
you need it to stay workable the longest.

Mind you a lot don't get on with Multi for going off too quick
anyway iirc...
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

catalyse?
so maybe better to wait a few days until the first coat is dry before doing a second coat?

Anyhow it's not raining tomorrow so I'll be slating the roof not plastering

[george]

Good luck with all that.
--
Jim K