Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] russellseaton1@yahoo.com is offline

Default Anybody Need A Ladder?

On Tuesday, June 4, 2019 at 9:48:11 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Tuesday, June 4, 2019 at 8:33:45 PM UTC-5, Bob La Londe wrote:
I used to have 14' and 16' double sided fiberglass step ladders. I
cried when a helper drove off without tying them down. They both broke
when they hit the road. I don't remember exactly what they cost, but I
seem to recall the pair was around a grand nearly 15 years ago.

I bought an 8 foot 1A single sided stepladder 20+ years ago. I thought it was expensive then. Home Depot is selling my ladder for $150 today. Which does not seem too expensive. Home Depot also is selling the ladder in the post starting this thread. $385. Werner 8 ft. Fiberglass Extension Trestle Step Ladder with 300 lb. Load Capacity Type IA Duty Rating

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Werner-8...7408/203134289

The Craig's List ad starting this thread says "24 foot A-frame, good condition." While the one I posted is 8 foot. Home Depot also has the same ladder in 16 foot for $1169. I'm thinking the 24 foot referred to in the ad might be total height and the Home Depot ladder is 16 feet to the top of the A frame and then you add in the 8 foot straight up extension part to get to the 24 feet from the ad. Maybe.