Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
danny burstein danny burstein is offline

Default humming CFL

In Mark Lloyd writes:

In the eighties I had an old TV (non cable ready). I found that by
setting it to channel 7 and misadjusting the fine tuning, I could get
channel 22 (cable midband, frequency just below that of ch. 7).

BTW, you could get ch. 6 sound on an FM radio.

You still can (well, the analog channel 6). This is
used, even today, by a bunch of "radio stations" (in
quotes 'cuz, see below..) who are technically licensed
as low power analog tv channel 6 (which is still allowed)
but in reality are using that slot to give them
a decent range audio/radio signal at 87.7 FM.

Note that while the official FM (in the US) band
starts a bit higher, most - especially those with
tuning dials - will let you hear this one, too.

Info on a typical station:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WNYZ-LP