Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

Default humming CFL

On 6/3/19 1:18 PM, micky wrote:

[snip]

As I said, with the CFL the interference could be lessened by turing the
radio off frequency a little**, but with the first LED bulb, I turned
the tuning knob a half turn in each direction, from maybe 88 to 92 MHz
FM. and the hum was the same everywhere, twice as loud as the sound had
been. It's interesting that it interfered with FM reception, which is
less vulnerable than AM, but it appeears, not invulnerable.

**An advantage to analog tuning over digital tuning.

In the eighties I had an old TV (non cable ready). I found that by
setting it to channel 7 and misadjusting the fine tuning, I could get
channel 22 (cable midband, frequency just below that of ch. 7).

BTW, you could get ch. 6 sound on an FM radio.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"I refuse to be labeled immoral merely because I am godless." [Peter
Walker on alt.atheism]