Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jeff Gaines Jeff Gaines is offline

Default Ball Valve in Toilet Cistern

My upstairs cistern fills very slowly. I got round to looking at it today
and it had a high pressure valve fitted (small hole) but bless the plumber
who left the high pressure bit fitted to the arm!

I have fitted it and it has made a difference, although not as much as I
had hoped.

The valve fell in the cistern when I took the old one off so I don't know
if I have the cone and rubber washer the right way round. I have been
Googling but I don't know what the bits are called which is a bit of a
problem.

Can somebody point me to a diagram or tell me what I should be Googling or
please?

Many thanks.

--
Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
Though no-one can go back and make a new start, everyone can start from