Mike J

Default add a light in bedrooms

"HA HA Budys Here" wrote in message
From: "Mike J" thespam
I am also building new house.
Electrical work is a racket. Installing $7 HALO light cost $100

Even a Halo trim is more than 7.00.

You are wrong. HD (at least here) sells contractors pack 10 lights + 10
trims for $69

My builder claims that outlet on the dust ledge in MB must be GFI so $150

charge.
All receptacles in a Master Bath must be GFCI, Including a dust ledge.

Darn I meant MB as Master Bedroom, i don't see any water near by, or can
find any code
that requires that.

Microwave has to have dedicated curcuit, but when builder install own MW

it doesn't.
So let the builder install it.

While dumoW works hard to ship my job to India, I'll not waste money to
maximize
dumbo's economy, or builders proffits.

That is if you're capable of detecting a problem. Obviously you are not.

basement requires a 15a convenience outlet GFCI protected. That is all.

There
is no provision in the code requiring it be "dedicated." You'll likely get

that
outlet connected to a front and rear outdoor outlet and a garage outlet

all on
the same circuit, protected by 1 GFCI or a GFCI circuit breaker.

Fine, can it be connected to water heater as builder claims? I don't see a
big
deal if it connected to outside outlet.

An additional light or lights is work. 100.00 is getting off easy no

matter
what the height.

Not when You install six of them, or more. They are very easy to wire and
install.
The issue at bay one can do it, w/o wasting $1000s ! No need to call
electrican.

I've never known a builder or sub to even offer "pre-wire."

Ours does. Switch + wire = $50
And they are one of top 5 builders in US.

5) Sneak in additional wires after electrical inspection.

Usually, before the sheetrock goes up the electrican does a once-over.

Not true... Contractor get's paid per job. I spend a lot of time at the
site.
I think contractors started to think I am one of them. On all other houses
electrican had one visit. He does pretty good job, I never seen him fail
inspection