Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default How to determine Live switch wire

On 02/06/2019 07:52, Brian Gaff wrote:
Yes it was maybe something that they should have done before taking the old
unit out using a meter with a probe assuming of course te on situation is
controllable and is not some function of a thermostat, but then I think if
one is live and one not you have your answer if everything is cold at the
time.
Brian

I agree however I did mark one of the reds so when I took the old fan
down I could then match it up with the identification markings on the
fan, only then did I discover the old fan is marked N and L but nothing
for the 3rd wire.
I did take a picture before disconnecting but that doesnt solve it due
to lack of identification markings.