Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default How to determine Live switch wire

Yes it was maybe something that they should have done before taking the old
unit out using a meter with a probe assuming of course te on situation is
controllable and is not some function of a thermostat, but then I think if
one is live and one not you have your answer if everything is cold at the
time.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Jim K.." wrote in message
o.uk...
ss Wrote in message:
I am changing an extraction fan with timer.
The old fan has 2 red and a black wire but no indication as to what one
is live switch, how do I determine what one of the reds is live switch,
with the power switch off at mains.

Switch power on at mains, test each wire.
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/