Stormin Mormon

Default Gas oven thermostat replacement

Makes me wonder if they were all flare fitting. Wonder if any of the threads
were straight nipple threads that woulda needed pipe dope?

Marc, did any of the fittings you remove have dried or still sticky goop on
the threads?

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"marc lipsitz" wrote in message
om...
I replaced my gas oven thermostat yesterday. The job was easier than I
thought it would be and I have some questions after the fact.
1)After turning off the gas and unplugging the electric cord,
I took off the knobs and front of the oven to expose the old
thermostat. I simply unscrewed the 2 nuts that attached the
2 lines into the thermostat and removed the old thermostat, put
the new thermostat into place and reattached the 2 lines. I than
put everything back together. My questions a

The new thermostat came with 2 new nuts but I simply
used the old nuts that were already attached to the
existing lines. I didn't know if a special tool was
required to crimp the nuts to the lines and they
appeared to be secure. Is that ok? And

What are the 2 different lines leading into the thermostat?
I'm just curious why there are 2 lines, one larger than the
other.

Any response to my questions would be greatly appreciated so that I
can put my mind at ease that my house won't blow up from a gas
explosion.