Posted to uk.d-i-y
Marland Marland is offline

Default Is there a law of disapearing chuck keys?

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 30 May 2019 18:15:13 UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:
On 30/05/2019 17:11, Brian Gaff wrote:
Over the years I've lost about 10 chuck keys for my drill, and yet I'm so
careful to keep them with the drill. I swear there is some force in the
universe that makes them vanish when you really want one.

Get one of those things that ties the key to the flex - then you can't
lose it!

Yep I think we call it a bit of string :-)

Just stick a nice bright colour long cable tie on it. Making it more
visible.

A bit of string around the flex can bring problems of its own if it is long
enough to allow the key to be used while still attached and the user leaves
it in the chuck.
A mate of mine who could rival Frank Spencer for his accident proneness or
clumsiness did that on top of an aluminium ladder while repairing some
guttering, the sparks from the severed flex as hit each rung in turn as it
fell were quite interesting to watch according to his wheel chair bound
neighbour watching from the adjoining garden,this chap had already asked
his wife to bring out his old crash helmet as previously my mate had
showered him with dislodged and broken tiles.

GH