Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill[_18_] Bill[_18_] is offline

Default Old Silver Plate

In message ,
harry writes
On Thursday, 30 May 2019 20:21:16 UTC+1, DerbyBorn wrote:
I have a couple of silver plated brass goblets that need re-plating. We
don't really want them - do any people replate such items for their own
pleasure - or to sell?

Bin or Ebay?

https://www.google.com/search?q=silv...&rlz=1C1AVNG_e
nGB731GB753&oq=silverelectro-plating+kits&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l2.14864j0j
8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Those kits look terribly expensive.

I remember my Dad, who retired into being a chemistry teacher, doing
nickel and silver plating in the garden shed. I suppose I should have
taken more interest.

All I remember were small electric motors with glass rods as the
stirrers, tanks of chemicals and power supplies. I think the psu's might
have been old battery chargers. It all looked Heath Robinson and cheap.

I seem to remember him replating several door knobs, but that was
probably just nickel plating.
--
Bill