Richard Faulkner

Default Spoke Too Soon!! New Pump hasn't solved CH Problem

In message , geoff
writes
In message , Richard Faulkner
writes
You will recall my ongoing intermittent C/H boiler problem, and that I
proclaimed success after telling my plumber to replace the pump.

... ...

Could this be anything other than a problem with the PCB?

No, you'll have to refresh me. What boiler?

Geoff,

After my multimeter test, it is fairly clear that there is an
intermittent problem with the power supply from the PCB to the pump.

This looks like it could either be a loose wire in the plastic connector
which slots onto the PCB, or a problem on the board itself.

Unfortunately, having established the above, I made some kind of
connection with the multimeter prongs which blew one of the fuses on the
board. These dont seem to be easily replaceable?

The boiler is a Jaguar 23Kw Wall hung combi, manufactured for Plumb
Centre by Hepworth heating. It was fitted around February 2000.

I'm not sure how common these boilers are, so I am wondering how likely
it is that you have a reconditioned PCB in stock, or would you have to
recondition mine if I sent it to you. If the latter, how long is it
likely to take? (and how much would it cost g)

Kind Regds

--
Richard Faulkner