Richard Faulkner

Default Spoke Too Soon!! New Pump hasn't solved CH Problem

In message , Mike Tomlinson
writes
In article , Richard Faulkner
writes

One thing I have noticed tonight is that when the volts to the pump read
0V, if I waggle the ends of the multimeter which are poked into the pump
power connectors at the PCB end, there is a click, the volts go back to
240V, and all works well.

This sounds very much like a dry solder joint on the PCB.

That's what I'm thinking. Certainly something to do with either the
wires that connect to the PCB, or the PCB itself.

I'm not sure whether to just buy a new one of the shelf, or to send it
off to CET for refurbishment. I wonder how long it is likely to take?

--
Richard Faulkner