half_pint

Default Replacement picture tube out of warranty?

Nozza wrote:
Widescreen TV - giving you a more natural view on the world.

Are widescreen TVs closer to 625 or 415 lines?

I have a 625 line "old fashioned" tv, and when watching stuff in W/S
(which I prefer for movies), there must be a whole lot of lines which
are "black" - but I have never seen figures as to what the number of
lines on a W/S TV actually is.

So... how many lines on a W/S TV?

I believe there are 625 but it is hard to get any real info, there doesn't
seem to be any available. the mugs who buy WS TV's would buy
anything.
I also see some references to 480 lines but these may be from USA or
other countries sites.
The only thing which is clear is that the whole thing is a mess. Black bars
all over the place - yuck.
4:3 is best, you can pan and scan a WS movie with excellent results.
You cannot however pan and scan a 4:3 picture with a WS apperture.
I have no doubt that the slitty eyed Japs are behind it all (Sony).

When the switch to digital TV takes place I will stop watching TV
and use the license money to pay for a fast broadband connection.
It seems like the only solution to this fiasco.
TV will be so f*cked up by then it wont be worth watching.
They can shove their WS TV's up their arses (it should be a good fit).
I have no intension of becoming a WS TV victim.
Its not WideScreen its ******Screen.
WSTV = ******Screen.TechnoVictim.

Thanks

Noz