Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default water dripping from main inside house valve

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 27 May 2019 22:06:30 -0400, micky
wrote:

Besides needing the long wrench to close or open the valve, I'd need a
5-sided socket to open the box that the valve is in.

I was still cogitating about that, but I just found it, maybe,
https://www.walmart.com/ip/5-Sided-B...-Key/984668454 $16.78
Arrives by June 7! Maybe a neighbor has one, or a plumber!

Grainger will have it in stock: Nope, neither of these will work:
https://www.grainger.com/category/to...&filters=attrs
and even they are not in stokc.

This might be it:
https://www.grainger.com/product/REE...ter-Key-38HV31 It's $32
and the picture doesn't show what kind of bolt it fits.

None of the ones on Ebay are it:
https://www.ebay.com/bhp/water-meter-key except for this one,
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-No-...-/303137598144
which strangely, has some kind of tape over the opening. I think it's
5-sided, but I have no idea if it's the right dimension. It's called
Vintage No 1.

I should pursue this in advance, in case I really do need to turn off

T-mart, a seller of cheap shlock, of all places, has a wrench that comes
close, but not close enough:
https://www.tmart.com/10-In-1-Cross-...h_p404485.html

The bottom picture shows all 8 sockets, 4 square and 3 triangular (with
chopped off corners), but none 5 sided.