Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default MO How To: Remove a cracked set screw

On 5/25/2019 10:25 PM, Larry Jaques wrote: On Wed, 22 May 2019 14:11:28
-0700, Bob La Londe
wrote:

On 5/22/2019 9:49 AM, Leon Fisk wrote:

Do you have enough material to just drill a bigger hole, thread and use
a larger set screw?

I don't know how hard the tool holder is, but that's not a bad option.

Gonna do them all/both, so it doesn't happen again? Good man.

--
If more sane people were armed,
crazy people would get off fewer shots.

Actually I want a TC tapper or three for this mill. I am seriously
considering using a 1/2 shank ER collet chuck to make a first one out of
this tool holder. The the set screw becomes mute as there will be a
"slot" for the anti twist pin in the straight shank collet chuck. I've
already made a couple TC tappers that way for my TTS style tool holder
mill out of 1144 so my only concern becomes the hardness of this tool
holder and how to hold it in the lathe. Probably with an expanding
mandrel.