Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Mystery part on schematic

On Friday, 24 May 2019 00:22:54 UTC+1, tabby wrote:
On Thursday, 23 May 2019 17:33:59 UTC+1, John-Del wrote:
On Thursday, May 23, 2019 at 11:25:02 AM UTC-4, tabby wrote:
On Thursday, 23 May 2019 15:08:23 UTC+1, John-Del wrote:

Well, here's something 100% accurate: that meter is a piece of **** and of no real value to anyone who requires a good meter and knows how to use one. Total waste of time.

I have a whole pile of cheap meters as well as good ones. They're useful IME.

Like I said..

clearly not.

FWIW I bought them to dot them around in various places where formerly I'd have had to go fetch a nice meter or forego using one at all. They can go where loss or damage are a risk with little concern. They've saved time & enabled quick easy repairs. I don't normally need accuracy or a CAT 3 rating to get something working. They paid back their cost (2.44 each) in a few days IIRC, an ROI that's hard to beat. Any engineer should be able to undersand the utility of that.

Yes I require accuracy at times, and have the datrons to do that. These tiddlers are not for those occasions.

NT