Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default OT Who makes the best woodworker's tape measure?

On 5/25/2019 11:29 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Saturday, May 25, 2019 at 5:01:25 AM UTC-7, Jack wrote:
On 5/24/2019 12:24 PM, Leon wrote:
On 5/24/2019 7:11 AM, Jack wrote:
On 5/23/2019 11:52 AM, Leon wrote:

The beauty to watching video's over and over is that you can catch parts
you missed when you doze off. ;~)

I record How the Universe Works, and Spaces Deepest Secrets. The shows
are pretty much garbage and boring, but they put me to sleep within 5
minutes. First, the videos are mostly fake, so you don't need to watch
them (videos of the big bang 14 million years ago, black holes which
you can't see, even IF they exist, and so on) This means you can just
close your eyes, and be put to sleep. I wake up in the middle of the
night, fast forward from the beginning 5 minutes (where I last fell
asleep) and wham, in minutes I'm back in dream land, and no drugs
needed. One show lasts at least a week before I delete it for a new
one:-)

You know there is a growing number of people, soon to be a majority of
people, that believe that the big bang was actually filmed as it
happened. A lot of these people are government leaders and those that
they have promised to take care of, to get their votes.

Yep, lots of complete morons around.

I was reading NextDoor, a local neighborhood information source. A
woman took several pictures of "earth worms" and asked the neighbors if
these were snakes. This is where we are headed.

I think we are there, not "headed". I watched a couple of "Louder with
Clouder" or whatever he calls his show on youtube and he goes to college
campuses and interviews anyone that will talk to him. Besides the
totally asinine views and stupidity of these left wing morons, what
stuck me even more was the totally slovenly appearance of all of them.
These kids look like losers to the nth degree, with bad attitudes, bad
personal hygiene, lack of respect for themselves and the world. A while
back there was a slogan, "the mind is a terrible thing to waste". Well,
seems our educational system combined with lousy parenting has brought
an incredible percent of our population to it's knees.

Do you mean Louder With Crowder? If so...

I reckon that's him.

I'm not picking sides, but I don't think it's fair to judge any particular
segment of society based on what you see on that show. I didn't know who
he was or what his show was about, so I looked him up:

"Steven Blake Crowder is a Canadian-American conservative political
commentator, actor, and comedian. He is the host of Louder with Crowder,
a late-night style comedic television show covering news, pop culture,
and politics."

My guess, if I take "conservative political commentator" and combine it
with "actor/comedian", is that there just might be a sight slant to his choice
of "guests" for his show. (Yes, I did watch a few minutes of a few shows.)

Yes, I agree but, the two shows I watched were outside on a college
campuses. He could choose who he interviewed, but could NOT choose the
crowd of students milling about. He actually couldn't even choose who
he interviewed, he asked anyone that would talk to him to do so. That is
lots different than the interviews regular TV types that do the man on
the street type stuff where you see 6 interviews and all of them are
ridiculous. The answers they get that they don't like, or don't fit
their agenda hit the cutting room floor. He could just be really good at
it, but I don't think so, I think he just flies with whatever he gets.

I know lots of recent college students, including 2 daughters with 3 Masters
degrees between them, a son's girlfriend who just got her PhD, and many of
their friends. Some of them are certainly more left leaning than right, but
there's not a "slovenly looking asinine loser" in the group.

That's a small group in relation to the millions and millions of college
students. Anyway, I don't recall what was going on at the schools. He
set up a table and tried to get anyone he could to talk to him. It
could have been an anti-American rally for all I know.

Crowder (and others) will show his viewers who he wants them to see on the
hope that certain general opinions will be formed. I'll bet that if he
interviewed some of the college students that I know, they wouldn't make
the...I mean...*his* cut. They just don't fit the stereotype he is trying
to build.

That's true enough I reckon. I don't watch him, just parts of a couple
shows. He is not my style, but that's what I got out of what I saw. Your
comment on a woman asking if earth worms were snakes reminded me of the
morons I've seen on campuses, and particularly college professors I've
seen on TV. I've seen students and professors in the news protesting
conservative speakers, and they look like the same losers.

When I went to college, politics was not an issue, and you got in based
on academics, not race, sex, sexual habits or whatever they do today.
Probably could get in if mommy donated a wing or two to the school.

--
Jack