Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default touch sensitive lamp

Well if the company do still exist surely they might want to help?
Brian

From the sofa of Brian Gaff -

Blind user, so no pictures please!
Today is Yesterdays Tomorrow.
"petek" wrote in message
On Wednesday, May 22, 2019 at 12:57:35 PM UTC+1, petek wrote:
I have a floor standing lamp which has a touch sensitive switch. If you
touch the lamp housing or upper part of the stem the lamp toggles through
2 or 3 brightness levels and on/off. It hasn't been used for some time but
when I tried it the other day it is not working, i.e. it won't switch on.
I've changed the bulb but still no joy. Any ideas what the problem is, and
if it is repairable? TIA
Pete

Thanks everybody, looks like my best bet is to bypass whatever "internal
controller" there is and fit an in-line conventional switch in the lead. For
what it's worth here's a link to the make/model
https://www.endon.co.uk/products/pro...-fl-sc-hackney