Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT Who makes the best woodworker's tape measure?

On Sat, 25 May 2019 08:32:49 -0400, Jack wrote:

On 5/24/2019 11:07 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 24 May 2019 08:50:46 -0400, Jack wrote:

On 5/23/2019 8:53 PM,
wrote:
On Thu, 23 May 2019 09:56:40 -0400, Jack wrote:

On 5/22/2019 10:33 PM,
wrote:
On Wed, 22 May 2019 09:58:18 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 5/22/2019 9:06 AM, Jack wrote:
On 5/21/2019 1:58 PM, Jerry Osage wrote:
On Tue, 21 May 2019 09:03:58 -0400, Jack wrote:

I about completely
stopped watching anything on regular TV, and 99% of what I watch is on
Youtube. I like ABOM79 and David Richards Old Steam Powered Machine
Shop, but watch and subscribe to a few others machinist shows as well.

Check out mtmwood on Youtube. He doesn't do many videos now, however, he
went from a garage operation to a production plant doing end grain
cutting
boards. I especially like this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVd-jxTmq4g

Yes, I believe I watched that one before. Very nice cutting board. Not
my style of shop though, too clean, too, neat, too many Festering tools.
(Through that in for Leon:-))

Thank you Jack. LOL. I am familiar with this guy too. I never noticed
the Festool till now though. I was more impressed with his large
stationary equipment.

Jack is just jealous - Festool envy.

Jack doesn't need any festering tools to get his work done, particularly
now with his dramatic decrease in work flow. Might buy the festering
Domino if in an active shop, even though it's super over priced. More
likely would spend the money on a nice drum sander. The $600 vacuum
though would be an embarrassment to own if everyone knew what it costs.

If Jack was going to waste money on any tools it would likely be on a TS
with a sliding table, I think that would be nice. Also would like a
larger jointer with segmented, spiral cutter head. Too old to justify
any of that stuff however. Fortunately, Jack has about every tool he
needs to build cabinets, tables, chairs, clocks, lamps, bird feeders,
and whirligigs. Been there, done all that, and no longer in the mood.

"Waste" money. You're clearly clueless (but I'm not telling anyone
anything new).

BTW, I don't "justify" hobbies. It's silly.

To a moron, perhaps.

I certainly don't justify anything to you. You wouldn't understand it
if I did. Too stupid.

Whirligigs are fun though if you are old and done with large projects.

Maybe you can handle one?

Two, I made two, and they work perfectly. I doubt you could handle one,
they take a modicum of skill, something not too many morons can muster.

Wow! I'm impressed! yawn

Sometimes I just go in my shop, sit there with a coffee and think, man
this might be the worlds greatest shop. Jealous? Not hardly.

You protest too much. Loser.

I'm sorry, you're right, I'm jealous with festering tool envy... You are
dumber than a rock.

Idiot.

Moron,

You're right. You're a moron.