Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Inverter generator Do I need that?

On Sat, 25 May 2019 14:19:55 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On 5/25/19 8:19 AM, trader_4 wrote:

[snip]

Ed could get a window unit for $125 to have on hand if needed to cool
a room or two in an emergency. If you had a hurricane and power is out
for a week, that would sure make a huge difference in comfort,
especially sleeping at night.

I have one for that purpose. It won't cool a whole house, but one room
is better than nothing. Another thing it could be good to have is a
small propane stove (the king used for camping).

We have a central system and 2 mini splits. so there are lots of
options. I really think a mini split in the bedroom is the way to go,
even if you are not thinking about the generator. You can keep the
bedroom cool at night and let the rest of the house drift up
overnight. By morning it will be cool again anyway most of the time.