Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Inverter generator Do I need that?

On Saturday, May 25, 2019 at 4:39:39 PM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , lid says...

If you did feed the output of a single-phase generator to both hot wires
in the house, this might cause problems with 240V equipment that uses
the neutral, but would it cause any other problems?

If you cut off the 240 volt breakers and equipment I do not see any
problems.

That would include turning off any Edison circuit breakers, which
aren't technically 240V. They are *supposed* to have handles tied
together per code. If someone did one without handle ties and/or you didn't
turn those off, you could overload the neutral if you put enough
load on it.