Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Inverter generator Do I need that?

On 5/25/2019 3:19 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 5/25/19 8:19 AM, trader_4 wrote:

[snip]

Ed could get a window unit for $125 to have on hand if needed to cool
a room or two in an emergency.Â* If you had a hurricane and power is out
for a week, that would sure make a huge difference in comfort,
especially sleeping at night.

I have one for that purpose. It won't cool a whole house, but one room
is better than nothing. Another thing it could be good to have is a
small propane stove (the king used for camping).

One benefit here, I have a natural gas grill and even the coldest day of
the yer it may be 40 degrees so cooking is not a problem.