Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Inverter generator Do I need that?

On 5/25/19 10:31 AM, wrote:

[snip]

More like $100. I got mine from US Carburetion and it was a tad over
$100. Installing it is easy. You remove the carb, swap out the studs
for longer ones, put the venturi plate in for the gas, replace the
carb and mount the regulator. I probably spent close top an hour doing
it but I could do another one in 15 minutes now that I understand what
needs to be done. The kits for the little inverters mount the
regulator remotely since there is no good place to put it on the
generator. There are actually 2 regulators, the demand regulator for
the engine itself and another one on the supply line to get the input
pressure right but you might not need that one on a natural gas setup.
I actually bought 2 of them for propane. One is on the big built in
tank line and I have another one so I can run off a 20# portable tank.
All in I was closer to $200 with all of the extra regulators and
hoses. It is handy to have the portable capability tho if I want to
use the generator away from the house and still not screw with
gasoline. Once you use propane, you will wonder why you ever messed
with gas. It starts easier and you do not need to worry about getting
every last drop of gas out of the system when you put it away.

They have something now that's called "motor snorkel". This thing is
much thinner making installation a lot easier. There's no stud extenders
since the "motor snorkel" is no thicker than the existing carb-air
cleaner gasket. The demand regulator is the same, so you still need to
find a place to mount it.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"I put out these milk and cookies as a sacrifice. If Thou wishest me to
eat them, please give me a sign by doing absolutely nothing.
MMMMmmmm..." [Homer Simpson]