Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Inverter generator Do I need that?

On 5/25/19 9:06 AM, trader_4 wrote:

[snip]

You can go a lot longer than that, unless you need to use something that
runs on electric. A fridge that's not being opened can easily go for
6, 12 hours or more.

That's what I did during outages, no need to run the generator all night
(although the noise was acceptable then, since many did). About the only
thing I had to give up was drinking cold water during the night, but
that wasn't a serious loss.

Anything I needed at night (flashlight, fan on hot nights, and cell
phone charging) could be handled by batteries, recharged the next day.

[snip]

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"I put out these milk and cookies as a sacrifice. If Thou wishest me to
eat them, please give me a sign by doing absolutely nothing.
MMMMmmmm..." [Homer Simpson]