Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Inverter generator Do I need that?

On 5/25/19 12:29 AM, wrote:

[snip]

A natural gas house should run fine on a little 2kw inverter. Look at
any 240v (2 pole) breakers in the panel because those pieces of
equipment are not going to work. The other issue is trying to put
transfer equipment on your panel will be tough too since you will only
be able to feed one phase. You also would have to be sure all 240v
breakers were tripped.

If you did feed the output of a single-phase generator to both hot wires
in the house, this might cause problems with 240V equipment that uses
the neutral, but would it cause any other problems?

[snip]

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"I put out these milk and cookies as a sacrifice. If Thou wishest me to
eat them, please give me a sign by doing absolutely nothing.
MMMMmmmm..." [Homer Simpson]