Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Inverter generator Do I need that?

[snip]

For the OP. the advantage of the inverter is if you really do have a
modest load, the generator can throttle down to handle the actual load
and not have to turn 3600 RPM no matter what the load is.
With light loads, gasoline lasts a lot longer.
I was burning 0.5 GPH gasoline and 0.8 GPH on Propane. with my old
school generator.
Inverter guys were bragging about a couple gallons a day with their
2kw Honda..

It's also a lot quieter at low speed. I knew someone who bought a Honda
(EU2000i IIRC), usually just to run a couple of fans. It was hard to
hear it running 40 feet away.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"I put out these milk and cookies as a sacrifice. If Thou wishest me to
eat them, please give me a sign by doing absolutely nothing.
MMMMmmmm..." [Homer Simpson]