Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Vir Campestris Vir Campestris is offline

Default Siemens WD14H421GB Washer-Dryer Doesn't Spin

On 25/05/2019 09:17, Woody wrote:
On Fri 24/05/2019 21:07, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 24/05/2019 19:21, Woody wrote:

Hmmm.
In that case why does the motor of our Miele washer do 15000rpm when
spinning?

It probably doesn't. Did you mean 1,500 rather than 15,000?

No, confirmed from the senior tech who came to replace the belt under
warranty that it does 15000rpm - probably why it whistles. I would
believe it as well given the motor pulley is only about 3in across (if
that) but the drum pulley must be well over a foot and the machine will
spin at 1600rpm.

Oops. My mistake. I read that as the drum doing 15,000, which would be
going it some!

Andy
--
WTF is this thread doing in digital-tv?