Posted to alt.home.repair
Fred McKenzie Fred McKenzie is offline

Default gas types, was: Inverter generator Do I need that?

In article ,
danny burstein wrote:

In Fred McKenzie
writes:

I keep ten gallons of aviation fuel on hand. It seems to hold up quite
well. After using the generator, I turn off the fuel valve and run it
dry.

Don't know if this is your Master Plan For World Domination,
but there are versions of avgas still readily available
that contain... yes... lead in them.

Not like the good old days when Superman could use a bucket of
it to shield the kryptonite, but yeah...

You caught me!

At first I did not know about the lead. I was only interested in having
gasoline that would hold up over time.

Now I find there are other blends that do not have the lead, primarily
used in marine applications. But if I get the marine gas, how well does
it hold up over time? The hurricane only drops by every two or three
years.

Fred