Stormin Mormon

Default Central heating problem

There's a pressure valve that adds fresh water when the pressure drops too
low. Sounds like yours is defective. It's not something you're likely to
find in stores, and it takes some pipe working and fitting skills to put one
in. I'd suggest calling a heating guy. I've replaced or installed several of
them, and they're not a killer complicated job.

--

Christopher A. Young
Join Alt-Hvac Moderated

"scott" wrote in message
Hi, not sure if this is the correct ng, please point me in the right
direction if it isn't.

I have a problem with the radiators in my house. I have just moved in so

am
not sure of the system. I basically have to bleed the radiators upstairs
every few days to keep them hot. The air pressure coming out seems to be
getting lower. There is a gauge on the boiler that was at about 1.5 bar

but
it has gone down to below 1 bar now. Does this mean it is a sealed

system?
How do I increase the pressure? Presumably I need to add some water
somewhere to replace all that air that I've been taking out!

Cheers

Scott