klim

Default how to drill post holes in solid rock

On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 08:50:29 -0600, PJx wrote:

My advice is to put on your design cap and spend some time coming up
with a design that would let you use the environment to your
advantage. If you have granite on the surface and welded well pipe
as a frame, then not much drilling is necessary. 4 to 8 inch deep
holes with concrete in granite would hold anything but elephants. It
would look good too. And you could do that with a chisel bar.

PJ

Yeah. I like the hand tool idea. I'm a blacksmith so I can make
whatever chisels I need. I could go vertical posts (pipe) where
there's enough depth to stabilize in concrete and use an occasional
A-frame over the solid rock areas. Weld a top rail across the entire
length and stretch 3 or 4 wires below. Getting a better feeling for
this project. Thanks for your input.